Do we need to be concerned about secrecy?

Are we concerned with secrecy in our strategies?

Yes and you've described a good solution
No votes
Yes but let's do a think about how to accomplish it
No votes
No
100%

Total votes: 4

monorail
Site Admin

Do we need to be concerned about secrecy?

Post by monorail » Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:28 am

Fish wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:37 am Mango, I think [marking off certain blessings as "do not vote for"]'s a good idea but I'm worried about the jerk who vandalized the Mint's voting things coming for other teams, or someone else doing something similar. I'm going to post the link to here though on the spreadsheet bc I think this is much more secure!
Fish has raised a good point.

However, a bad actor could just as easily follow the link to the forum here and get an idea of what we're trying to avoid regardless.

I have the ability to hide the Strategy section of the board by default, and then require anyone who wants to see strategy talk to go through a verification process (which would just be me and maybe some volunteers hitting a "yeah you're chill" button). This is very little effort on my end, but it does raise the barrier of entry for new fans who want to get involved or whatever, to protect against an attack that's only been seen once and requires a lot of invested time and energy on the part of the attacker.

Is this something we need to concern ourselves with?

arbitrarydeer

Re: Do we need to be concerned about secrecy?

Post by arbitrarydeer » Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:43 pm

latest ive heard from my gf is the vandalizing came from someone who was mad at a guy on the mints who was kinda known for being a bit of a troll. (he’s since gotten a strike from the keepers and improved a bit as far as i know). i would personally think that unless we have someone who’s rly been making ppl mad that i dont know abt, we don’t (yet?) have much of a reason to believe we’re going to be targeted in a similar way

Fish

Re: Do we need to be concerned about secrecy?

Post by Fish » Tue Oct 13, 2020 4:38 pm

I think I am less worried about spying (bc A, they can just look at the spreadsheet lol, and B, if you wanna waste time spying on the third smallest team be my guest lol), and more worried about ppl leaving rude comments about us. My thought process was that at least here you have to log in to say something, so there's a little accountability.
Erin has a good point though; I don't think we have any enemies. I fully may just be paranoid lol