Season 10: Blessings General Chat

monorail
Site Admin

Re: Season 10: Blessings General Chat

Post by monorail » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:23 pm

Not every time, but they have a chance to bat multiple times in a row. Even if they're still on base

We've even seen players bring themselves home. Self-RBIs :P

monorail
Site Admin

Post by monorail » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:52 pm

By the way, I see we're making propaganda for Sealant. How heavily are we pushing for that?

Heron Baron

Post by Heron Baron » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:13 am

Hard to gauge for sure but I know Sealant woulda kinda codify our lore/explanation of lack of weather at The Bucket; the appeal on discord could just as easily be in how meme-able we can make it (re: we Let Raf but YOU [other team] DON'T want in on that) as much as its effect.

It'd also be nice to, y'know, prevent a slide in stats, but given our historic lack of weather and my own lack of knowledge of said stats, I don't know how effective it would ultimately be?

My other onions:
  • If we err on the stide of telling a story I, personally, would love someone on the Wings to get Haunted.
  • Headphones would keep all the characters we're growing more attached to; unsure if wise Tactically but historically we've gone for improving our lot rather than tossing anyone (permanently) aside; to wit-
  • Shadow Ban Together would be nice for us - in that a (possible) long-term plan is to beef up our Shadows - but given that it's Division-wide I don't know how to feel about the Crabs etc. also getting it. Also, it's not much of a buff... BUT the Crabs also being in our divison could INCREASE our chances of getting it should we push for it. Probably worth a few just-in-Case (heh) votes, but not a priority, either.
  • Traveling Team might be neat? honestly I'm not hot on most of these blessings (which means we'll probably get one)
  • plane is funney (also we have a griffin/transport now... adkins getting us the scores uwu)

Heron Baron

Post by Heron Baron » Wed Oct 14, 2020 3:18 am

Oh also +1 to Nut Button just for being sponsored by a Wings fan

(but also +1 b/c we have other allergies on the team and I don't want Case #2)

thr33h3ad3ddragon

Post by thr33h3ad3ddragon » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:43 pm

Hi I finally hopped on the forums! Can you tell that I //immediately// got carried away lmao

Anyway here are my current strategy takes (ranked from best to worst but I'm indecisive and already disagree with the rankings):

1. Haunted: Great lore, probably a fun effect, we can say "[character]'s haunted" which is really funny
2. Sealant: Bloodrain has been demolishing us, and since siphon probably won't be going anywhere soon, we probably need this to protect us. Also, if it's like similar blessings the bloodrain will still proc, so it will either make us get double the blood or just stop bloodrains against us
3. Tag-Team: yeah we need offensive help
4. Sharing signs: Gives us offensive help + keeps Burke from becoming the new PDP (which I am v nervous about)
5. Shadow ban: I love all our shadow folx and would like em to be better, especially if the shadows get increasing functionality in the future (the blessing itself kinda sucks tho for a variety of reasons)
6. Traveling team: Basically a 2.5% overall boost??? This is great
7. Umpire Cream: yeah
8. Airplane: I haven't actually looked at our stealing stats yet so I'm just putting it here but I'm sure it belongs lower

The rest that I don't think are worth anything for one reason or another:

-Nut Button: Peanuts are already super infrequent, plus I think there's a chance that peanut/eclipse weather will go away after The Peanut is defeated and discipline era ends (especially since nobody likes peanut weather)
-Headphones: It's an item blessing so it can be stolen, feedback sucks but it's better than incineration/ bloodrain stats-wise (and arguably lore-wise)
-Rogue Waves: Our hitters suck
I can be your Angle UwU
I can be yuor Beast OwO

monorail
Site Admin

Post by monorail » Fri Oct 16, 2020 9:55 am

The fact that it's Friday and I still don't feel strongly about any of the blessings makes me kind of want to just chill for this season and spend the votes next time.